Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stock questions

Fannie Mae (FNM) or Freddie Mac (FRE)?

What do you guys think about purchasing some of their stock?

I know the Government took them over, but now that we have seen that the Government will not let them fail they should be fairly safe right?

Well I looked into Fannie Mae when the Government lifted their hold on stock purchases in the company. It was selling at $0.68 per share. They are now up to $1.14, now that may not seem like a lot, but that is a really good gain. If I would have purchased 1000 shares back then like I wanted to I would have invested $688, today that would be worth $1140, for a $452 gain. Not bad!
So should I get into them now?

What about Freddie Mac?

When the Gov released their stock hold they were at $0.48 per share, they are now at $1.19 now that same 1000 shares would have cost me $480 and would be worth $1190 today for a gain of $710!

What do you guys think? Buy or no?




Link to the 1st post in this series that has links to all the other posts:

My quest for financial freedom: Back ground for this quest

Main link to this blog:

http://quest-for-financial-freedom.blogspot.com/

No comments: