Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Financial Journey update

Well I am almost done reading the "Pro Blogger" book. I have learned so much from it.
Here is a list of the things I have learned from that book:


  • You can find out which sites are linking to yours by going to Google and typing in link:domainname
  • I learned that Technorati is a site for ranking blogs
  • Niche blogs are successful due to their ability to have contextual advertising
  • Chitika is another contextual advertising source
  • Link to Amazon for products related to your site
  • Sign up for and use Google AdSense, it works (do not click your own adds, or when you tell your friends to check out your blog tell them not to click on your adds unless they are interested in the product. I have just had my AdSense account disabled due to either my friends clicking too much, or my kids doing it. I still need to find out who did it and correct the issue. I sent in a form to Google explaining that I was not doing it on purpose and that I would correct the problem)
  • Choose a domain name that is easily branded, or easy to remember/memorable
  • Use lists like this one to interest readers
  • Use social bookmarking sites like Digg.com and Delicious.com to help get the word out and send you more readers to your blog
  • Keep your posts Granular, or one topic per post
  • Interlink your posts
  • Invite comments
  • Ask questions (These involve your readers)
  • Create your own hosted blog, so you own it so if you ever have to or want to sell it you can

That is a short list of some of the things I have learned while reading the book "Pro Blogger".

Of course there was a lot more information than that, but those are some of the hot points I thought would be important to readers of this blog if they are thinking about, or are starting their own blog.

Please leave a comment if you have something to add. I am still learning here. Actually that is what this blog is about is to learn together about Internet businesses, Investing, Personal Finance, and making Multiple Streams of Income.








Link to the 1st post in this series that has links to all the other posts:

My quest for financial freedom: Back ground for this quest

Main link to this blog:

http://quest-for-financial-freedom.blogspot.com/

No comments: