Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Real investing and finance information

I apologize to the readers of this blog that came here for investment information. I have been side tracked by these Pay Per Click, Pay to Post, and paid survey sites. I am going to get this blog back to talking about real investing, finance, and money making.

I have been talking to a person I met recently at work and his ideas for some stock purchases are Marvel and Hasbro due to the upcoming motion pictures that will hit theaters soon. I have done some checking and they might be a good option to invest in.

He also mentioned that Fannie Mae may not be that good. One thing he told me that I did not know was that the Government mandated them to come up with 5 Million in liquid assets. They did not know why because they are doing fine as a company. They only have a 2% default rate on their loans, and they own 70% of the home mortgages in the US. So the other 38% of defaulted loans come from the other 30% of all companies that loan money. That means that those companies are in big trouble.

The Government also issued themselves 10,000 shares of Preferred stock in Fannie Mae when they had come up with the 5 million in liquid assets. So what that says is that when and if anyone makes money from Fannie Mae the Government will get paid first due to the preferred shares vs the common shares that most of us own.

I still think that Fannie Mae is a viable option for investors. I am confident that they will recover and bring in nice profits to common and preferred share holders.

Link to the 1st post in this series that has links to all the other posts:

My quest for financial freedom: Back ground for this quest

Main link to this blog:

http://quest-for-financial-freedom.blogspot.com/






No comments: