Giving back

I feel it is VERY important to help others, so I will be donating AT LEAST 10% of all profits generated from this site to help in Humanitarian Aid around the world.

Monday, May 4, 2009

My Stocks

My stocks

So far I have purchased shares of Zions Bank (ZION), shares of Fannie Mae (FNM) and shares of Pfizer (PFE).

The Pfizer shares I just purchased this morning at $13.80 per share.
The Zions Bank shares I purchased at $6.91 per share.
The Fannie Mae shares I purchased at $0.81 per share.

So far the Pfizer and the Zions Bank are up. The Zions Bank shares are doing pretty good, almost 100% growth.

Zions Bank and Pfizer are also dividend stocks, so they earn me money even if the share price does not go up. Actually if the share price does not go up I get a higher percentage dividend.

Zions Bank pays a $0.16 dividend.
Pfizer pays a $0.64 dividend.

Fannie Mae has a P/E ratio of: -.03 and a Forward P/E of: -0.24
Pfizer has a P/E ratio of: 12.43 and a Forward P/E of: 6.21
Zions Bank has a P/E ratio of: -2.95 and a Forward P/E of 13.80! How is that for potential!

Also in other news Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) just acquired Wyeth (NYSE:WYE).
With Pfizer posting annual earnings of $43 Billion last year and Wyeth posting earnings of $22 Billion I think Pfizer just grabbed a company that they may have underestimated the size of. Could this be a good or bad thing? I do not know, I think it will end up being a good thing, I just think that it will take a quarter or two before it really takes effect on the stock prices and earnings.

Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) opened at $13.36. So far today, the stock has hit a low of $13.21 and a high of $13.56. PFE is now trading at $13.52, up $0.35 (2.66%). Over the last 52 weeks the stock has ranged from a low of $11.62 to a high of $20.65. PFE shares are rising today after a Standpoint Research analyst initiated the stock at Buy with a $20 price target.


Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac have been in the news a lot recently of course and here is one of the reasons why:
Freddie and Fannie play a more vital role than ever in the U.S. housing market. The Federal Housing Administration now guarantees about a third of new U.S. loans, up from 3% at the height of the housing bubble. Most of the remaining new mortgages are still backed by one of these two. Furthermore, GSE bonds are held in huge numbers by large companies and formidable countries. In other words, allowing Fannie and Freddie to fail on their obligations could cause more losses at major institutions and possibly a foreign relations nightmare. So I do not think that the Government will let them fail, there is too much at stake here.




Please check out my Internet Income Streams blog here:






Link to the 1st post in this series that has links to all the other posts:

My quest for financial freedom: Back ground for this quest

Main link to this blog:

http://quest-for-financial-freedom.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Business Blogs said...

Good luck on your quest for financial freedom - let meknow how you progress and I assume you will be doing other things other than buying shares

Michael said...

Yes, I will be doing different things. I will talk about them here.